X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official visit update: Malik Dorton

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco defensive end Malik Dorton tells me he had a fun time at USC this weekend and is fully committed to the Trojans.

Dorton said he met with the coaching staff last week, so a lot of lingering questions -- especially in regards to his place in the recruiting class -- had already been answered heading into the visit. The trip, therefore, served as an opportunity to learn more about the coaches and their personalities. The ESPN 300 member said he gained clarity with the way the staff plans to utilize him -- similarly to what Ed Orgeron had in mind, Dorton said he will play a standup position on the edge, rush the quarterback and also drop back in coverage.

Dorton said his favorite part of the weekend was hanging with the players. He was hosted by Ty Isaac, who was also a big hit with the visitors last weekend.

Dorton was on campus with fellow teammate Damien Mama and he said he got a great vibe from both him and JuJu Smith.

It appears Dorton is completely done with the recruiting process. He will host the USC coaches for an in-home visit sometime this coming week.

a lot of people don't think he is that great but i love dorton, sure he has room for improvement and muscle to gain but i see him becoming a great talent for years to come.

Comment

We want kids that truly want to be a Trojan and are all on board. And for that, I say welcome aboard Malik and Fight On.
      Again, have faith in our coaches because they EVIDENTLY know what they are doing.

Comment

Fight on Malik!

Comment

what about arrion springs or frazier?

Comment

Lamont update?

Comment

I say if he wants to be a Trojan, then let him be a Trojan. We need players who bleed cardinal and gold. After that, it's up to the coaches to develop him properly.

Comment

Working...
              X