Ivanka at the Desk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivanka at the Desk

Good Lord, you just can't avoid pissy people. Ivanka tweeted this pic yesterday....

With this comment, "A great discussion with two world leaders about the importance of women having a seat at the table!

But apparently that has pissed some people off who said things like, "The Oval Office should not be a prop for the president’s daughter,” one user tweeted. “You have no business in the White House,” posted another. “Our country is not run on nepotism.”

Hmmmm....

I wonder how many pics Hillary took sitting in that chair.

Comment

Welllll......isn't that speshulll.

Comment

I swear I laugh every time the left complains.

I guess narcissistic people are too busy to realize what hypocrites they are.

Their utter hatred is just amusing and classless from clothing bans to personal attacks through media. Just get over it already, you lost whiners.

Comment

• uscvball
          uscvball commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, because women having a seat at the table is such a horrible message to convey. Morons.

• DJ4SC
          DJ4SC commented
          Editing a comment
          I know, right? Laughable.

Damn...Bannon is going to be pissed. I wonder if she asked him before she sat down? LOL

In all seriousness, this is a non-story. She isn't the first child of a POTUS to sit there, nor will she be the last.

Comment

Camelot? Pfffftt!!! We got BabeALot...

Comment

She has proven herself most capable, for a Demorat.....personally, I hope she spends a lot of time there, helping the President with good advice and good administration decisions

and we are hearing that Chelsea is planning a political career.....enough said

Comment

Originally posted by old scotty View Post

Who didn't see that one coming? I mean the Clintons feel entitled to have power, right?

Comment

• TheRealAirbns
                TheRealAirbns commented
                Editing a comment
                She'll be the Democrats' version of Jeb Bush. The country is just tired of the whole Bush and Clinton experiences.

But then, we're talking about Democrats, here, and they crazy....

Originally posted by old scotty View Post

Will the FBI clear her in time?

Or is this a question for BVD's? He seems to be close to them.

Comment

I would rather see Ivanka there for a brief photo op than another picture of Obama sitting there with his shoes on the desk. Nothing like treating a priceless government treasure like a piece of motel furniture.

Comment

• DJ4SC
                  DJ4SC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I compared his attitude towards those relics to those who live in flop houses.

No matter what the perpetually constipated people say, that's a pretty darn good picture.

Comment

Originally posted by uscfd View Post
                  I would rather see Ivanka there for a brief photo op than another picture of Obama sitting there with his shoes on the desk. Nothing like treating a priceless government treasure like a piece of motel furniture.
                  Drove me nuts....

Comment

• old scotty
                    old scotty commented
                    Editing a comment
                    he was a low life punk as a kid.....members of my family knew him when.....

never outgrew it

• TheRealAirbns
                    TheRealAirbns commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The same sense of style and decorum can be seen in the White House redecorations they oversaw. The photos that were published were embarrassing.

Pretty sure each president gets his own desk...no? Or is it just his own chair?

Comment

• uscvball
                    uscvball commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's their choice. They can keep what's there or get their own. Reagain, Clinton, Bush, and Obama all used the same desk. It dates all the way back to 1880, when then-President Rutherford B. Hayes received it as a gift from England's Queen Victoria. That's right, the desk was not manufactured in America—that distinction goes to the Chatham Dockyard in Kent—and it was made with British timbers pulled off of a scrapped British ship.

Pretty fascinating story....wood came from the HMS Resolute and was one of 3 desks made. It's the same desk in the pics above. FDR had a front panel made to hide the fact that he was in a wheelchair and JFK made some adjustments as well.

http://www.core77.com/posts/35625/Wh...ted-States-Use

So far Trump has kept the desk which isn't surprising because 1, it's ornate, and 2, the style of desk was originally meant to be used by 2 bankers.

From an article I read recently, there is an inventory of various items for the Oval Office. Trump had his choice of 4 or 5 desks, or get a new one. He kept the most popular one that Obama also used. Vball described it. You also notice that Trump has gold colored drapes where Obama had red. Trump's drapes are not new. They were used in previous administrations. Same with the area rug in front of the desk - there are several existing ones in inventory.

Comment

SYyQa2T.jpg444.jpg

This is for VBall

Comment

Working...
                    X