A day without immigrants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day without immigrants

Okay, now.they have.gone.too far....some McDonald's are.closing today because their illegal alien employees are withholding their labor....

I had every intention of pushing my wheelchair down to the drive-through for.a Mc Griddle. Build that wall, Mr. Trump, and deport.all illegals who did not show up at the Arches today.

I don't think all the immigrants go the message. Nothing shut down near me and I heard all the leaf blowers and lawnmowers going. Target employee parking area was full. Major taco place near the high school has the usual line out the door at lunch.

A day without Mickey D's is like adding a day to your life. Anyone planning to eat there today should send thank you cards.

Comment

First of all, the whole concept of this protest is misleading. By and large, most Americans want a healthy and legal immigration system and that means, we welcome people from other parts of the world who will come to make their dreams happen while not being a burden to people already here. But the illegal immigrants, by all means, stay home from work, or better yet, they can pack up and go home. We'll replace them with legal immigrants who go through the legal process like every other legal immigrant before them.

Comment

Let's have more!

The freeway was wide open today. Maybe next time they could tell them it's being held 50 miles south of San Diego?

Comment

True colors being shown by these comments except reasonable bigtime

Comment

• VM805
            VM805 commented
            Editing a comment
            My true colors are red, white, and blue.

Originally posted by Stork43 View Post
          True colors being shown by these comments except reasonable bigtime
          True colors indeed.

Far be it for us to think that people should come here the right way....legally......just as Bigtime stated.

Comment

What does the Stork mean about ''true colors''? I missed Stork's first 14 posts....is he accusing people of something here?

Comment

• DJ4SC
              DJ4SC commented
              Editing a comment
              Another troll with few posts and a full orange bar.

What kind of mental patient has the time?

Your words speak for themselves. I'm all for legal immigration not the other bullshit your comments imply

Comment

• denali
              denali commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure why. You think we really need more immigrants before absorbing the hordes here already? What's wrong with a timeout? California is pushing 40M in population. What level of population do you think would be better for Calif, given that we can't build anything here?

Your words speak for themselves. I'm all for legal immigration not the other bullshit your comments imply
            But you don't have a problem with those who celebrate/protest by staying home today?

I fail to see any post here that says they are against legal immigration or immigrants. Those who are here legal and want to protest for those here illegally can go home too. What's wrong with that?
            They obviously don't care for our laws.

Comment

People immigrating here legally and working @mcdonalds is something to be commended not belittled.There's plenty of citzens leaching of the system on both sides of the aisle.To suggest otherwise is delusional.

Comment

• gubo&palanka
                gubo&palanka commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, Denali. That is the key point. These people are serving to keep wages down.

• uscvball
                uscvball commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, no belittling going on from what I read. What I could have said was that perhaps there might be an increase in crime at a certain intersection in town that has the highest arrest/complaint rate anywhere in the city and it's because of the immigrant population that overcrowd the local apartments, the drug trafficking in the local retail strip mall, the DUI's, and the petty theft reported at the same mini-mall. Those are facts.

• SouthbayTrojan91
                SouthbayTrojan91 commented
                Editing a comment
                This massive supply of cheap labor also stifles innovation.

Why even try to create a machine to do the work when i have an endless supply of disposable labor?

People immigrating here legally and working @mcdonalds is something to be commended not belittled.There's plenty of citzens leaching of the system on both sides of the aisle.To suggest otherwise is delusional.
              Why should any immigrant be leaching off the system? Is that the kind of immigrant we want, here?

Immigrants who are a burden on society should be deported.

Comment

This Stork apparently has trouble speaking plainly...looks like a leftist, but does not want to be called out

Comment

I wish there would be a day without H1-B visa workers. We can see if there is indeed a shortage of STEM workers or if Americans really can't manage to do the work the H1-B workers are brought in to do.

Comment

Even you used the word LEGALLY. The problem is two fold. the ILLEGAL immigration and then the ease with which those illegal immigrants can spread their roots by producing legal offspring and then bringing in their extended families.

Comment

• Rule13
                      Rule13 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exactly. Chain immigration is what we are left with.

Originally posted by SCBIGTIME View Post
                    First of all, the whole concept of this protest is misleading. By and large, most Americans want a healthy and legal immigration system and that means, we welcome people from other parts of the world who will come to make their dreams happen while not being a burden to people already here. But the illegal immigrants, by all means, stay home from work, or better yet, they can pack up and go home. We'll replace them with legal immigrants who go through the legal process like every other legal immigrant before them.
                    Great post!

''By and large, most Americans want a healthy and legal immigration system and that means, we welcome people from other parts of the world who will come to make their dreams happen while not being a burden to people already here.'' Amen to this.

The challenge is trying to figure out what to do with illegals here now. Simplifying it by just saying deport them all is never going to fly. Complete and total amnesty won't either...thank goodness. There has to be a way to deal with those already here in a humane way, with consideration of the roots they have planted here. However, there needs to be a cutoff date where any consideration would be made. Moving forward from that date there would be no exceptions to the law.

In my opinion, an Illegal immigrant (with a family) that has been here for 15-20 years, has been gainfully employed, and has never broken the law is very different from a single male or female that has been here for a couple of years. If they could set a criteria that considered such things, I think reform would be easier to achieve. Provided there were some teeth in the laws, and all local and state agencies enforced it.

The idea of a ''sanctuary city'' in my opinion sends the wrong message. Local governments need to enforce the law, and work with federal immigration agencies. Until they do, it won't matter what reforms are made to the immigration system. America will never be able to control its immigration, if illegals know that they can bypass the system and have a safe place to hide.

I would hope the left would move away from the total amnesty position, and the right be realistic and look to find a way to deal with some of these families in a compassionate way with some empathy.
                    Last edited by sctrojan2006; 02-16-2017, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• DJ4SC
                      DJ4SC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I understand that there are many forms of assistance in the form of welfare, SS, and Medicare etc.

SS, in my opinion, is nothing more than a Ponzi scheme. Should be individual trust funds that cannot be touched by the government.

Medicare should only be available to those seniors who have worked, period but should also be a choice not a forced instrument.

Welfare recipients should have to work some sort of community service to obtain their assistance.

We must change the thinking of the populous that they are owed something. They are not. We are self supporting through our own contributions.

No where in the Constitution does it give the government the power to be a nanny.

There is nothing better in life than allowing people to work for themselves, not be fed at the teat of the tax payer.
                      Last edited by DJ4SC; 02-16-2017, 09:48 PM.

• sctrojan2006
                      sctrojan2006 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      DJ4SC,

In response to ''Welfare recipients should have to work some sort of community service to obtain their assistance.'', I think you need to add mandatory and random drug testing as a requirement.

• DJ4SC
                      DJ4SC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree 100%
                  Working...
                  X