Changes To Monopoly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes To Monopoly?

Phasing out the sewing thimble...(in case komrade stinky doesn't know, monopoly is an American classic board game).....

Monopoly purists may not be thrilled that the thimble, which has been part of the popular board game since 1935, is being phased out.
    Yes, you can still pass "Go" and collect $200 on the Monopoly board, but soon you may see hashtags, emojis and even a rubber duck in the new version of the game.
    Voters rejected the thimble as Hasbro tries to update the board game's pieces for the next generation of players.
    Back in 2013, Hasbro Inc. dropped another game piece, the iron, from Monopoly.
    Hasbro Inc. is holding a worldwide contest to let people choose the eight tokens to be included in the next generation of the property acquisition game, based on the real streets of Atlantic City, New Jersey.
    Winners will be announced March 19, and will be included in games hitting shelves this August.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/16...ame-piece.html

The comments are pretty hilarious.

Homophobes

Comment

I have boycotted Monopoly since they dropped my favorite piece... the iron

Comment

I don't like change. It scares me.

Comment

I haven't played Monopoly in a while. Isn't the guy on horseback packing heat? How about that war making battleship and cannon? You think those go away as well?

Comment

• DJ4SC
            DJ4SC commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't ask, don't tell....

Surprised they don't change Free Parking to Safe Space

Comment

• VM805
            VM805 commented
            Editing a comment
            Or instead of collecting $200 you collect $200 in food stamps.

• uscvball
            uscvball commented
            Editing a comment
            Good one VM! I knew you had a sense of humor somewhere behind the 420 haze.

Go To Jail to Go To Rehab

Comment

Please don't introduce a Safety Pin piece if the Iron and Thimble got nixed.

Comment

Originally posted by old scotty View Post
              The bruin Monopoly version has Free Handicap Parking Placards.

Comment

• KeenObserver
                KeenObserver commented
                Editing a comment
                You number 1 rival is going to the Rose Bowl again, pay each player 10 dollars

Originally posted by DJ4SC View Post
              Phasing out the sewing thimble...(in case komrade stinky doesn't know, monopoly is an American classic board game).....
              I've never played. Didn't have the money for board games growing up. But, based on what I know, nobody plays it by the rules. Recently, I read where nobody follows the auctioning rule. Evidently, when a player lands on a property that isn't owned by another player, if they don't want to buy it, the property should be auctioned to the highest bidder. The author suggested that nobody follows that rule, making the game drag on for hours longer than designed.

Comment

Originally posted by old scotty View Post
                If you think's that's something, I understand a few more changes are under consideration.

A prototype for the new game.....

Comment

I had a standing rule that if I couldn't use the thimble, I just didn't fucking play. Period

Monopoly, like a certain Episcopalian tough guy, is dead to me.

Comment

• DJ4SC
                  DJ4SC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Truth!
                  And pretty damn funny.

Originally posted by GaryB View Post

I've never played. Didn't have the money for board games growing up. But, based on what I know, nobody plays it by the rules. Recently, I read where nobody follows the auctioning rule. Evidently, when a player lands on a property that isn't owned by another player, if they don't want to buy it, the property should be auctioned to the highest bidder. The author suggested that nobody follows that rule, making the game drag on for hours longer than designed.
                Aha...the old lie about ''growing up poor in Pacoima'' once again.....he is one of the most shameless liars I ever encountered

Comment

• DJ4SC
                  DJ4SC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's a perfect story for turning to communism.......laughable.

Isn't the point of Monopoly to create massive wealth inequality?

Comment

Originally posted by flyfishintrojan View Post
                  Isn't the point of Monopoly to create massive wealth inequality?
                  Yes, indeed.

The earliest known version of Monopoly was The Landlord's Game, patented in 1904, credited to Elizabeth Magie. Magie intended her game to illustrate the economic consequences of Ricardo's Law of Economic rent and the concepts of economic privilege and land value taxation advocated by Henry George..

Comment

Working...
                  X