Clear All

• Filling the Holes

http://www.wearesc.com/2017/01/11/filling-the-holes/

Need major step up by OL

Comment

• Rodgarnay51
      Rodgarnay51 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very true. It's hard to do much without a good offensive line. The good news is, Darnold, Jones, Imatorbebe and Burnett and the WRs are so good they won't have to hold their blocks as long.

• Dinky Dunstan
      Dinky Dunstan commented
      Editing a comment
      Disagree - if they do hold their blocks longer, we go from great to elite.

Things are looking pretty good for next year already. A few positions need some players to step up their game and earn the spot.
    Hopefully a couple of NOI signings can help out too.

Comment

• Rodgarnay51
      Rodgarnay51 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't be surprised at all if SC signs a transfer or juco (or two) who can start somewhere like OL or DL right away.

Plattenburg was really good 2 years ago (wasn't he a starter?). But after the concussion, which kept him out for a while, didn't see much action. Hopefully he can regain his mojo.

Comment

Good write up.
      Yes the holes in the OL seem to be the most pressing. Somebody said that it takes more time to develop
      good OL.
      And the need for the DL is there as well.
      And to replace Juju.
      And get some CBs.

Can't expect to hold number 3 without filling those holes.

Comment

Did someone say holes need to be filled? Whoa, whoa!!! - in Andrew Dice Clay voice.

Comment

• SoCalN8tiv
          SoCalN8tiv commented
          Editing a comment
          ...you dirty old dog : ) lol.

• zitorocks
          zitorocks commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought I clicked on the wrong site again.

Yes there are some loses on the OL, but at least there is some kind of depth now. Edoga, Toa, these guys have been around. The younger guys obviously need to grow up (Helmsley, Johnson comes to mind). Losing Rodgers to grad xfer status could hurt. But .... this is where the new recruits need to see the opportunity. Top tier guys can assume being on the 2nd unit right away and if anyone gets hurt they're next man up.

Bigelow Bigelow....is it too much to ask for him to be a regular in the rotation? He knows the game and all things being healthy can fit right in. But fact is we need depth here. Again, new recruits: hello out there...you can be on the field this year if you bring 4-5 start talent to the table. Don't you want to play in LA on the greatest team in the West? Sign up now!

Skill positions are in great shape.

I'm always up for a top tier LBer to join the team.

Comment

• VM805
          VM805 commented
          Editing a comment
          Rodgers probably got tired of all the liberals in L.A and decided to go somewhere closer to home on the East Coast.

• Rodgarnay51
          Rodgarnay51 commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL VM!

I'd still like to know the sequence.

The other thing is, with Mama, the two tackles and Rodgers leaving, we are suddenly undermanned a bit on the OL. IMO this is just as big of a concern as DL right now. Chris Brown, Toa and Chuma all have their uncertainties. It's a good thing the OL recruiting class is looking good. I'd love to get McKenzie.

• Trojanproud1
          Trojanproud1 commented
          Editing a comment
          You sure picked a fine time to leave me Lucille......err.....EJ WTH was his problem anyway....homesick?

Oline and Dline need some immediate help, no doubt about it. The lb core can use a play maker or two

Comment

Thought this was the Boulware thread.

Comment

Working...
        X