RIP Michael Alo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Michael Alo

Great guy, great player who's career was cut far too short. Hurt his neck in a punt block play at practice his first fall and never played again. I remember running into him a few years later at Annabelle's in Torrance and he told me he'd been cleared to play and would be trying out with the Lions.
    RIP Michael

I saw him play for three years at Banning HS, mainly against my school, rival Carson HS. Just a great competitor and devastating runner, like Earl Campbell. RIP.

Comment

I remember him also , he was always in news in sports of press telegram newspaper. prayers for him and his family.

Comment

Damn. Sorry to hear this news. I also ran into him. He was over on PCH at the old Chief Auto parts replacing a battery in his car. He told me that John Robinson honored his USC scholarship after his neck injury and how grateful he was to JR. He said coach was a great guy. From time to time the Polynesian grapevine would comment about Michael. Always about what might have been. Rest In Peace

Comment

Man, I played with Michael. Real down to earth dude.

RIP. Peace and Blessings to him and his family.

Comment

Prayers for family

Comment

Wow, that's a name I had forgotten about. Sad to hear of his passing. Damn, he couldn't have been that old.

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear this and agree about JR's relationship. I run into others in the Torrance-PV-San Pedro area, but never ran into Michael. Coach Ferragamo said his was the best he ever coached at Banning by 1980. Apparent diabetes casualty. RIP.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-n...n-area-history.

Comment

So sorry to lose good people with goodness in their hearts

Comment

Working...
                  X