REMODEL COLISEUM PLANS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REMODEL COLISEUM PLANS!

Now that George Lucas is building his 1.5 billion museum in Expo Park, the plans for the remodel of the Coliseum should be altered to match this masterpiece that is going up in 4 years.

Only logical option is to blow up the LAMC, save the Peristyle, and build anew. Anything else is a joke.
    Last edited by 655321; 01-10-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• SoCalN8tiv
      SoCalN8tiv commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, been hearing that for many years. Fire in the hole!!!

• ImLoaded
      ImLoaded commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you 100%

any plan that looks like lipstick on a pig is a strategic mistake. Given USC's incredible physical changes in past decade and the new UV along with Lucas' museum, they better get this right.

Comment

Can the big Trojan in the sky stop Pat's Tower?

Comment

It certainly makes the plan by USC look even worse. There is going to be millions more people in Exposition Park each year... some would likely pay to tour the Coliseum except the current plan is going to viewed as a national embarrassment sooner or later. Chicago got blamed for Soldier Field... at least they got a functional new stadium out of it. USC will be blamed for butchering a national landmark and it will be impossible to ever make the stadium symmetrical again.

Comment

Can they just eliminate the plans to build the press box and still "renovate" the Coliseum? That's sounds like a better solution.
          Instead the better solution would be to update the press box without altering the shape of it and creating a more permanent and cooler-looking peristyle suite. Way better option.
          Last edited by RosesAreCardinal; 01-10-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• trackdude
            trackdude commented
            Editing a comment
            The better option would be the Lambeau Field style of suites. The Coliseum press box is fine as is, it's the suites that are causing the angst.

where in exposition park?

Comment

Northwest area

Comment

• SouthbayTrojan91
              SouthbayTrojan91 commented
              Editing a comment
              just saw the other thread....takes over the parking lot on the west side

• Jpltrojan
              Jpltrojan commented
              Editing a comment
              Good...too much parking at the Coliseum.

I really don't understand why the Coliseum renovation is going forward. I have only heard negative opinions by everyone on this board, at USC events, and at alumni gatherings. Can anyone on this board give me a positive reason why this renovation is good for the Coliseum or USC? I haven't seen one justified reason for it.

Comment

• old scotty
              old scotty commented
              Editing a comment
              I do.......

655321 commented
              Editing a comment
              IDK. So the USC Adm can tell the alums/boosters they did "something". The problems with the LAMC will surely be magnified once the new soccer stadium, Rams stadium and now this Lucas museum are all completed and open. Once the public gets a taste of these new venues, one would think everyone will ask why hasn't anything been done to modernize the Coli. But, by then, it might just be too late.

Yup. The Love Boat needs to go.

Comment

Someone needs to step up, and fast. Eliminate the press box plan altogether and you've got a good enough remodel.

Comment

Originally posted by 655321 View Post
                Only logical option is to blow up the LAMC, save the Peristyle, and build anew. Anything else is a joke.

I agree. Would this even be legal, however, given the Coli's status as a historic monument?

Comment

655321 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. While complicated, it is possible to completely demo a National Historic Landmark. In this case, it would not be a complete demo.

Can someone create a petition?

Comment

• Sfchop87
                  Sfchop87 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No kidding. Im sure most would sign it
              Working...
              X