Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: USC and the Coliseum will be getting a new neighbor.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: USC and the Coliseum will be getting a new neighbor.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

Although it looks nice along with the new LAFC stadium and the upcoming Coliseum renovations, I wonder what's going to happen with the parking.

Comment

655321 commented
      Editing a comment
      So basically the already outdated Coliseum is going to live in the shadow of two of the most modern buildings in all the city. Can you say "dump"?

Absolutely Brilliant! Beautiful!

USC Wins Again! The greatest University in the world just got better.

Los Angeles. You can not beat or compare what we have. Los Angeles and USC > all of them.

Comment

• BarNone
      BarNone commented
      Editing a comment
      agreed. Chicago and SF fought to have Lucas build there and fell into LA's lap. Great for USC and LA (and i'm a Bay Area guy)

• denali
      denali commented
      Editing a comment
      Chi and SF fought to get the museum, then threw up roadblocks. LA was his 3rd choice but the only ones that stepped up.

Part of the agreement is building 1800 parking spots... I have no idea if that improves the parking or simply replaces the parking they're taking from Exposition Park for the land. It's a great asset to the community, at the very least with a new soccer stadium and this thing being built you could see USC investing in more parking in the area. Does anyone know if the school owns most of the land between Figueroa and 110 east of the Coliseum? It seems like something they would have acquired over the years.

Comment

• TrojanEsq.
      TrojanEsq. commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder how much those lots across the street go for. The land where Figueroa Philly Cheese Steak iscould become a long needed pre and post-game watering hole replacement for a Julie's Trojan Barrel or Margarita Jones.

Noice. The force is with us.

Comment

Star War heaven, now save the Coli from the dark side

Comment

I was in Chicago in early December and heard about the Lucas museum that was going to be built there in the park along Lake Michigan. Sounded like it was a done deal.,

Comment

Exposition park is going to become the Central Park of LA? Ya, if you tear down about 6 more city blocks, plant a bunch of trees, hiking trails, some water features and then put some high rise luxury condos around it......but other than those minor details I think the mayor may be on to something.

Comment

bump. thanks for link, OP!

Comment

As a resident of the fine city of San Francisco all I've got to say is... Damn you angelenos lol

Comment

I can't even imagine something like that not being near Hollywood. Chicago? SF? lol

Where is the soccer stadium going to go?
                Last edited by AllHailSC; 01-11-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• SouthbayTrojan91
                  SouthbayTrojan91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it goes where the Sports Arena used to sit.

I wonder if they'll let folks park on the grass, much like they do with the Natural History Museum. They also have that tiered underground lot for the California Science Center. Regardless, great for the City of Angels.

Comment

Working...
                X