No announcement yet.

Trojans finish #3 in final AP poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting on the train after the beating at the farm I said we've a deer in the headlights HC. It's going to be a rough 2 years before SC gets another coach . Biggest turn around I have been thru. I was in the dorms when McKay went from 6 wins to NC but this season was the most thrilling transformation. Best Rose Bowl ever, maybe better than 2005 Orange Bowl. Certainly the most exciting. When does Spring camp start Garry?

Comment

Only MIchigan can lose 3 out of their last 4 games and still be in the top 10 smh

Comment

• Rodgarnay51
        Rodgarnay51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, what's up with that?

The season as well as the Rose Bowl were really violent changes in momentum(more than once in the game) from the bottom to the top that I`ve never seen before in decades of Trojan football. Congrats to all the coaches and the players for something they can be proud the rest of their lives.

Comment

Historical run by USC. Fresh of the sanctions and the Trojans work their way up to top three. The NCAA just perked up their ears. This was not suppose to happen. Helton and Company have served notice with a resounding roar. Fight On!

Comment

I'm going to rush right out and start a Helton Sucks thread.

Comment

Pretty amazing... #3 by AP and #5 Coaches poll.
            Like a Phoenix the team and program rose from the ashes all the way to the top tier of CFB. I'll cherish this season as much as any if not more.

It gives the players new goals for 2017.

I expect them to step up their off season work to achieve what they are capable of accomplishing starting in September.

Comment

What a remarkable end to what seemed was destined to be a very forgettable season!

But... if the ranking means they have respect for us and what we did, do we have to stop complaining about ESECPN bias???

Comment

That slight tremor felt when that #3 ranking was handed out was Paul Dee turning in his grave......

Comment

Wolfie ranked USC 8th. Smh.

Comment

• 1969Trojan
                    1969Trojan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When national organizations (AP and Coaches) give USC No. 3 and No.5 rankings then I don't know what are Mr. Wolf's logic and rationale for this kind of ranking. Actually by putting Washington ahead of USC the Coaches Poll does not seem too logical, either.

• desertrojan
                    desertrojan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wolfie is the last guy who should have a poll. As for the AP, think Penn State above UDub, just a tough hard-nosed bunch with a gritty qb.

Look at those two loss teams we jumped ahead of. Now we have to keep the ball rolling next year with all this momentum. SC jumped more spots than anyone. Maybe some respect finally huh?

Comment

Interesting. Garry's thread heading is working better than any Troll spray ever did. Not a Troll in sight...Ahhhh...smell that clean, wonderfully scented fresh air!

Comment

Great tribute to a fantastic season! How the hell did Washington end up #4???

Comment

Working...
                      X