Trojans finish #3 in final AP poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojans finish #3 in final AP poll

That's about as much respect as you can get after the Rose Bowl game to go from #9 to #3.

1. Clemson 2. Alabama 3. USC 4. Washington 5. Oklahoma 6. Ohio St. 7. Penn St. 8. Florida St. 9. Wisconsin 10. Michigan

Wow! What a tremendous accomplishment. I don't think anybody would have predicted this end results when we were 1 - 3. Hats off to entire program. What a great effort.

Comment

• Rodgarnay51
      Rodgarnay51 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really good news. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I think usc can beat Clemson but not Alabama, regardless ill take the #3 .

Comment

• Rodgarnay51
      Rodgarnay51 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why one and not the other?

• yah20002
      yah20002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Take out Bo Scarborough, SC would have a chance to beat Bama. It's the power running game of Bama that would make them a different animal than Clemson.

That's a hell of a lot of respect. Let's look toward a nice haul on signing day and then a good Spring and Fall so the guys can prove SC is ready for a return to the Rose Bowl Game. (This time the college football playoff.)

Comment

thank you gary, for all the news this season and also to Darryl r., he is one of best commentator in all college football.

Comment

For this old Trojan, this has to be one of the most gratifying seasons. I think that this is because we experienced the pits of despair in Dallas and the heady heights of jubilation in Pasadena. Having been in both locations it just added to seasons emotions. I can not remember such a wide swing in any season I have been following since the late 1960's. Yes, there were National Championships filled with angst and tremendous joy, but the transition in fortunes was never so wide. Congratulations to Coach Helton and his staff. More importantly though, congratulations to the players. I hope this is a life lesson for all of them, that no matter who bad things are going, you need to keep plugging away. Life always throws curveballs, its how you handle yourself and your job that will always matter.

Thanks USC

Fight On

Comment

• trojanrazalas
          trojanrazalas commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep. Pretty much how I feel. What a turnaround. I never envisioned this to be possible.

• GoSC1
          GoSC1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great post - the ONLY way they win that Rose Bowl was to continue to Fight On, to continue to play on. They played until the final whistle. Earlier teams would have given up after that horrendous 3rd qtr.

Has there ever been a greater contrast from the beginning of the season to how the season unfolded, then finally ended for any Trojan team? What wonderful laurels for this team to reflect upon for this past season. Next season they have to go out and prove this season wasn't just ephemeral magic.

Comment

• GoSC1
          GoSC1 commented
          Editing a comment
          They will have that proverbial target on their back as well.

FAITH FAMILY FOOTBALL

Comment

An honor well earned.

Comment

Awesome. They have a high opinion of USC Football and that's a nice tailwind to have. My best thinking on the final poll was completely wrong. Congratulations to the 2016 USC Trojans. A remarkable testament to what USC is about. We FightON!

Absolutely love what Coach Helton and his team represents.

Comment

Final 2016 Associated Press Ranking (1/10/2017)

1 Clemson (14-1)
              2 Alabama (14-1)
              3 USC (10-3)
              4 Washington (12-2)
              5 Oklahoma (11-2)

6 Ohio State (11-2)
              7 Penn State (11-3)
              8 Florida State (10-3)
              9 Wisconsin (11-3)
              10 Michigan (10-3)

11 Oklahoma State (10-3)
              12 Stanford (10-3)
              13 LSU (8-4)
              14 Florida (9-4)
              15 Western Michigan (13-1)

16 Virginia Tech (10-4)
              17 Colorado (10-4)
              18 West Virginia (10-3)
              19 South Florida (11-2)
              20 Miami (FL) (9-4)

21 Louisville (9-4)
              22 Tennessee (9-4)
              23 Utah (9-4)
              24 Auburn (8-5)
              25 San Diego State (11-3)

Others Receiving Votes: Kansas State (83) , Georgia Tech (47) , Nebraska (38) , Western Kentucky (32) , Air Force (30) , Pittsburgh (21) , Boise State (19) , Iowa (14) , Minnesota (12) , Tulsa (10) , BYU (9) , North Carolina (8) , Temple (8) , Houston (8) , Washington State (1) , Navy (1)

Comment

• trojanrazalas
                trojanrazalas commented
                Editing a comment
                Another thing worth noting. 2 Pac12 teams in the Top 5. Only 1 SEC team. In fact only 1 team from any other conference.

• Rodgarnay51
                Rodgarnay51 commented
                Editing a comment
                Even better razalas, only one SEC team in the top 10.

• SoCalN8tiv
                SoCalN8tiv commented
                Editing a comment
                Western Michigan, South Florida, and San Diego St. Not too shabby : )

Fight On!!!

Comment

In looking back the1-3 record was a cryptic message to say that USC would end up as either the #1, #2, or #3 team in the nation. Of course to end up #1, #2, or #3 other teams needed to lose (and fortunately some of them did), and USC had to win out. When the dust settled the prediction was right, with USC at #3.

Thats my story ;-).

Fight on and great season to the Trojans!!!

Comment

• SoCalN8tiv
                  SoCalN8tiv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ha! Now there's a spin I've not heard yet...shameful...but clever : )

Hopefully it will be a good sell for recruiting. Being number #3 should help.

Recruiting is not what it used to be where USC would be in the top 5. Hard to keep up with
                Alabama, OS, Michigan and the like.

USC needs to rev up recruiting to get into the top 10 is possible. Do you think it is possible?

Comment

• Geohhh_
                  Geohhh_ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes USC always closes big. We have a couple Big time recruits coming our way very soon.

Congratulations to USC players, coaches, Athletics Department, faculty, students, alumni, and fans. This was a great accomplishment. We are looking forward to next year for SC NC run. Now, the coaches and Lynn should work hard to get the top recruits. I am positive that with this year's classic Rose Bowl victory and No. 3 ranking many five stars will be heading to USC. How sweet it is!

Comment

Working...
                X