Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMHO Sunday: It takes players

http://www.wearesc.com/2017/01/08/im...takes-players/

'having an AP All-Bowl team, but how do you justify not having Trojans nose tackle Stevie Tu’ikolovatu, who just happens to be the Rose Bowl Defensive Player of the Game, on the bowl team?'

'The world wonders.'

Comment

• dbw021
      dbw021 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just finished re-watching the Rose Bowl. Stevie T was fantastic in that game. Truly All American effort. He was pursuing outside plays and totally stuffing up the inside. A tremendous effort. He reminded me of the great Tim Ryan. What a great way to end his college career.

USC=College Football Excitement

Ratings spectacular: The 2017 Rose Bowl Game between the Trojans and Penn State generated an overnight rating of 9.4 on ESPN, up 19 percent from last year’s Rose Bowl. Streaming of the game added an average minute audience of 300,000 viewers with 1,103,000 unique viewers watching a total of 75,989,000 minutes, making it by far the best overnight and most-streamed non-semifinal New Year’s Six game ever (12 games in three years).

Comment

Biggest job is rebuilding the OL. Next, finding Stevie's replacement. Recall Chow saying Reggie turned a short yd call into a Homerun.

Comment

• SoCalN8tiv
        SoCalN8tiv commented
        Editing a comment
        That won't take long. A full complement of scholarships will get that shored up in no time. Post-sanction era, it's time to feel very optimistic : )

I would like to see the team focus more on tunover margin.

We have a ways to go in terms of recruiting a team good enough to win it all.

Comment

• SoCalN8tiv
        SoCalN8tiv commented
        Editing a comment
        USC needs to turn up that aspect plus the N.O.T.s on defense. Special teams have been excellent. Defensive scoring would be a nice complement.

Great take here to address those who implied that CCH was successful because of Sam Darnold. Well yeah, and for Stevie T, and Juju, Adoree, and on and on.

A coach who becomes great achieves this by recruiting the right players and putting them in position to win (pretty much what Mr. Katz said). In that regard CCH get's an A from me.

Comment

Time will tell if CCH is successful. He needs to keep it up next year. On a different note, I heard that those southern fans of Bama want him fired because of lame and the loss. How much holier than thow can they be

Comment

Working...
        X